Tuesday, September 13, 2011

After Ballet Class...

So for those of you who are curious, here is a follow-up to my last blog post on my triumphant (haa!) return to ballet.
Class was as expected, difficult and hard to keep up, especially the allegro and travelling exercises. It wasn't so much that the moves were unknown, it was how fast it went! I can do a pique turn for sure but not at the speed my fellow classmates were going at. They would have run me over! I forget how unflexible I am as well. Compared to the bodies of 15-17 year olds, my 25 year old body might as well be that of a 65 year old! My classmates continue to surprise me with how high they can get their legs, beautiful back bends, and glorious ponches. Ahh, to be young.
With regards to my injured foot, it held up better than I thought it would. We were in soft soled shoes however, and this week we will take class in pointe shoes. I anticipate there will be a difference from soft to pointe in how my foot feels.
It was, besides the feeling completely out of shape, a refreshing and delightful experience. For those of you who dance, you know that feeling- the simple act of moving is what makes it beautiful and honestly, addicting. My new philosophy about working at this level (advanced, pre-professional) is to go full-throttle! I'm going to look ridiculous anyway, so I might as well go all-in.
Dancingly, Jenn
jenn@centralctfootcare.com
Dr Tina Boucher, Dance Podiatrist

No comments:

Post a Comment